• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

This actually looks promising to me. Will that big high bring down some arctic air SE? That high over Montana could bring some really cold air with it.

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_64.png

Maybe the feb warmup will be temporary. We can hope. This would be great just a little more south

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_55.png
Unfortunately you’re looking at a very long range image here. These very much do not come to reality. Most things passed 300 are what we call fantasy land .. where storms go to frolic but when you get towards 240 hours out you start seeing actual signs of what a pattern may look like in that range .. overall ensembles are painting a picture that we get south eastern ridging to take over come February at least for the first half .. now interesting to note a lot of the ensembles want to bring a sort of CAD issue for those areas in the piedmont regions but this similarly happened last February where we ended up torching and people west of us cashed in on the cold air

Only if there was ensemble support ☹️ And not a - tilted GOA ridge as the main signal View attachment 110231View attachment 110232
Going to be so hard to get cold again too, having to get it all the way back over here from Siberia and all. #torchforever

Seriously, I wouldn't worry too much about it. People have been overly concerned about the end of winter for a long time. My guess is that we probably warm up for a bit.

Only if there was ensemble support ☹️ And not a - tilted GOA ridge as the main signal View attachment 110231View attachment 110232
Somehow the NAO will trend negative.. our SER will scream and then we will CAD our way into some cold rain .. maybe ice if we’re lucky but probably cold rain plus some warm days in between .. really hoping latter month towards early March can come back and give us a little 2 week stretch of something to really track but you know how those set ups go .. we gotta worry about a lot more variables

Back