• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

If you remember how late January and February 2004 went, it started with that Super CAD storm and then seemed to have a few nickel and dime type events before getting absolutely nailed with the 2/26-27 storm…
Yea I logged 17.5 off that 2/27/04 storm. Beat my 2000 Crusher and Mtns 93 Superstorm accums

It’s a never ending buffet of +EAMT speeding up the pac jet and extending it. Lots of +AAM deposition. This feels like what a nino should be
You can't ask for much more. I had stopped looking at the extended but this is encouraging. With the ser attempting to fight back at least some this might get ugly in the ice department

Yea I logged 17.5 off that 2/27/04 storm. Beat my 2000 Crusher and Mtns 93 Superstorm accums
19 inches for me, but I’m sure I had closer 21-22 as it had really started compacting when I measured 17 that morning… I actually got another 2 inches when the ULL actually did a reverse course later in the morning and started moving back SW

Yeah most of that probably isn't snow, but that map's a keeper.
We would all be off the grid for the rest of February. Stock up now! I've never seen another run like this that I can remember.
zr_acc.us_ma.png

snku_acc.us_ma.png

And here's the last panel...
prateptype_cat.us_ma.png

sfct.us_ma.png

The difference between last weeks signal on the storm this weekend vs. Todays storm signal for next weekend is there was a shortwave which model a three phased system. Today its been sold on a active stj and spinning off a miller a type hybrid?

Today:

View attachment 111007

Last week:

View attachment 111009
Next weekend on the gfs is your classic 70s followed by winter storm setup. Pull the initial arctic front through drop another wave behind it and capitalize on the fresh cold in place. The 0z euro and 12z cmc show how easy it is to kind of mess that look up though and either be rain or cold/dry with the gfs splitting the difference

The difference between last weeks signal on the storm this weekend vs. Todays storm signal for next weekend is there was a shortwave which model a three phased system. Today its been sold on a active stj and spinning off a miller a type hybrid?

Today:

View attachment 111007

Last week:

View attachment 111009

Music to my ears. No more of this phasing crap. Just energy in the stj with a trough that goes neutral around the Mississippi would be great. Keep it simple.

gfs_z500_vort_namer_38.png

Back