• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Failbruary Thread

Jeez

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_33.png
Holy Supercells ???

Hello.
View attachment 110874
Time for us westie to get in. Lol
This would be 4 weeks in a row of a weekend winter storm set up we track … seeing some monster high pressure being spat out in our medium and long range .. CAD ice storms may be a serious issue if these trends persist .. if this pattern keeps up as it is .. this winter could go down in the history books for our standards

While the pattern looks like potential, I’m not a overall fan of the GOA ridge, need to shift that east, but there’s no shortage of Arctic air entering the US over the next couple of weeks
There is 3 CAD ice storm set ups back to back to back on the 00z Gfs .. legit have mercy

I mean these won’t verify obviously but what do they all have in common? Massive arctic high pressure either moving in/out/down all over really. With all of that cold air available it won’t be hard to make something like these happen at some point.. then after the last system moves out here comes another arctic high at the end of the run 7B332D11-EB41-438A-9CE0-4BC3416318AD.jpeg29495936-951B-4A8F-8578-B386D1A8EFD0.jpegBA236BFD-BBA3-496F-B1E5-3616CD6DD88B.jpegE3258E39-3C98-43FC-A33C-70741FBD217A.jpeg

6z GFS has a monster storm showing for day 8-9. Another weekend storm possible. In this scenario, RDU would receive heavy sleet for nearly 24 hour straight.
View attachment 110911
I'm in!

We gotta keep the weekend Streak alive. #3 is a lock coming up tomorrow night. I've seen this happen a couple of different times in my life. 1st Time I noticed was in High school down east believe it or not in the mid 80's, cant remember year but was a same weekday like 3 to 4 weeks in a row. mixed bag deals.

Back