• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Feb 2-4 2022 Winter Weather Potential

I'm still in disbelief at what these models are showing here

Over 10 inches on the GEFS mean and it's been increasing!View attachment 111726
I could be wrong but those pivotal maps are likely taking in any ice or sleet into account as snow.

This one is probably a bit more representative of what it’s showing for snow, which is still mighty impressive.B67F2830-B58B-4805-900B-DDC795D1B111.png

Where the hell are you now I thought you were in Dallas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved to Tulsa in March ?

I could be wrong but those pivotal maps are likely taking in any ice or sleet into account as snow.

This one is probably a bit more representative of what it’s showing for snow, which is still mighty impressive.View attachment 111727

Yeah maybe it does include sleet but it's still something to save that's for sure ???

Actually I think the pivotal maps show it less than TT. I've been comparing the GFS op maps and it's always been lower amounts than the TT maps. Still might include some but not as much

In any case we'll see the high end predictions are always gonna be just a less likely option but just to see it modeled

Last edited:
@Brent @BufordWX et. all. Must admit I am a little envious ... it has been years since I have a major event and I have never seen anything like what is predicted for you all. Hopefully the models nail it and you have a great event and the lights stay on. The fun (and anxious) part is the anticipation. Enjoy it and good luck!

@Brent @BufordWX et. all. Must admit I am a little envious ... it has been years since I have a major event and I have never seen anything like what is predicted for you all. Hopefully the models nail it and you have a great event and the lights stay on. The fun (and anxious) part is the anticipation. Enjoy it and good luck!

Thanks and what's funny and sad is if even we only get 5-6 inches that's still better than I've seen since I was a kid ?

2nd wave on the GFS next Saturday nightgfs_asnow24_scus_25 (1).png

Can someone post the 6z euro if they have access to it for this system?
06z only goes out 90 hours this is what it has at the end.CBBFFD06-588A-4814-8369-40302A5C12EB.png

The 06z euro control goes out a bit further and this is what it had for snow.321CD84A-FAFA-457E-8A69-4DEE6D3C64FF.png

Back