• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

Biggest thing I’ve noticed today is everything seems to be about six hours quicker on the NAM. If we could slow it down or get a NW trend(at this range very possible), I could see a more positive solution.

Listen there’s no stopping a bad “snow pattern” from being a bad snow pattern .. that’s what we’re in ??‍♂️ but to see how we’ve come from long range into medium range the trend is for progressing troughs through the US .. this still gives us a fighting chance to get a needle in the haystack type of set up for winter precip on occasion. Basically a slop pattern of 60-70 degree days, 40-50 degree cad rain .. and the occasional cold plunge capable of producing winter precip given perfect timing of different pieces. It’s better than a pure wall to wall warm 70s in the heart of winter

Here’s the trends from long range to medium range for 500mb anomalies and 850 temp anomalies

1675295443611.gif
D8F46807-E05D-4FEE-A249-174733B76681.gif

I count exactly 60 hours below average for Atlanta from today through 02/17.

gfs-ens_T2ma_namer_65.png

Back