• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fail or Fab February 2023 Pattern Thread

There's one trend you can usually bank on when it comes to the GFS:

The subtropical ridge trending stronger inside the medium range.

View attachment 131691

Odds are, we're gonna see a north trend here sooner rather than later w/ the GFS given the building subtropical high to the south. Good luck getting snow out of this in NC

Odds are, we're gonna see a north trend here sooner rather than later w/ the GFS given the building subtropical high to the south. Good luck getting snow out of this in NC
I got to say…kuddos on this call. You’ve been relentless to make sure nobody should expect snow. Relentless might be an understatement actually. ?

I got to say…kuddos on this call. You’ve been relentless to make sure nobody should expect snow. Relentless might be an understatement actually. ?
90% of the time it’s a safe bet to say we aren’t going to see any snow. Even when everything looks like it’s in our favor. It’s easy to be on that side of the fence. I prefer to have a little hope. And I do mean little lol.

You will likely see more of a NW trend or at least more precipitation on that NW side which is typical with overrunning since it is WAA driven. One nice thing is with a strong subtropical ridge, you’ll see a NW shift and more WAA riding over record type cold air to really help drive moisture output. Also will mean more ice if we can get the timing right.

Back