• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Just comparing the 12z to 6z, I think a sharper ridge actually helped some precip wise, but playing the game with the SE ridge is dangerous...it could easily trend stronger and that would mean goodbye to a winter storm for anywhere in the SE.

Relying on the GEFS has not worked for me for 3 winters. Not just this one, and yet I'll get roped in again down the road.

Just comparing the 12z to 6z, I think a sharper ridge actually helped some precip wise, but playing the game with the SE ridge is dangerous...it could easily trend stronger and that would mean goodbye to a winter storm for anywhere in the SE.

Relying on the GEFS has not worked for me for 3 winters. Not just this one, and yet I'll get roped in again down the road.
Pulling for a little southeast ridge myself ... helps back further west to amp the system as it cuts

12z gefs vs 06z huge increase for western parts
5bf3cf41116ea858f6b9111790652e56.jpg
e2efa8cddede93b815dec09582874864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This needs to stop if you want a good snow in nc/sc outside the mountains, all I got to say, slightly stronger ridge View attachment 15469
Im leaning towards an overrunning event north of OKC (maybe Missouri) come verification with a line extending through the northern tier of the Ohio valley. Rain for the big coastal cities in the NE

Last edited:
Back