• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Just looking of the FV precip map, it’s probably flatter with a much weaker SER/WAR ridge, But it will likely get stronger as time gets closer ??‍♂️
EC1DBBC9-C47D-489E-94A9-B7271048C415.jpeg

Sleet/ZR makes it all the way down to the coast of the Carolinas at 222

Well, GFS is trying. I wouldn't complain about a couple of inches. Inside 10 days, too, but still a long ways to go. Maybe we'll see it trend colder.

Continue to get a stronger ridge nudging in from the Atlantic and it would likely trend worse

Sure it’s something to watch but I’m not even staying up for this, not getting any amount of excitement for it, i don’t like what the Atlantic looks like (ridge) and that happened with a few storms this year at that range (pushed west as time gets closer)

Why? Or is that just pure pessimism?

Not pessimism, just reality. We have been chasing fantasy storms all winter with nothing such happening. I want it to be true more than anything, but I also am not biting. This run was nothing like we have seen on any op runs so far. I want to see some consistency and further support from the GEFS and EPS before I get excited again. I was under a winter storm warning earlier this winter and hardly saw flakes.

If you could speed that low to our north up by about 24 hours to allow high pressure to build in then we might have something in NC SC...really grasping at straws here

A lot of this is sleet and ZR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe the sleet but the ZR is confined to the southern parts

CCN6Tnl.jpg

SIU8FbU.jpg

Still 8 days out. A little too early to throw in the towel yet. Maybe the ensembles are onto something this time. Unless there is another reason with the pattern to say it can't happen, then at least there is a chance. No guarantee, but maybe it will turn out to be good.

Not pessimism, just reality. We have been chasing fantasy storms all winter with nothing such happening. I want it to be true more than anything, but I also am not biting. This run was nothing like we have seen on any op runs so far. I want to see some consistency and further support from the GEFS and EPS before I get excited again. I was under a winter storm warning earlier this winter and hardly saw flakes.
I'm not trying to be a Debbie downer either but I have to agree with @Parker we definitely been down this road before with fantasy storms only before we all get hit in the face with reality... Consistency is all I look for in the models and I need all of them to show some support before I make it back on top from the cliff

Back