• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fabulous February

Still 8 days out. A little too early to throw in the towel yet. Maybe the ensembles are onto something this time. Unless there is another reason with the pattern to say it can't happen, then at least there is a chance. No guarantee, but maybe it will turn out to be good.

Starts Monday in Texas and LA so technically 7. It’s been S^^^^^ winter so I’m grasping for straws .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t see why the GFS only showing it is a bad thing, not like any other model has been good except the RGEM. When we did get model consensus during that fail of a Winter Storm a few weeks ago, they all failed, except the RGEM.
I wouldn't necessarily say that the GFS has been all bad it just this winter it hasn't had a good track record so far beyond 4 days

Yeah, besides the December storm here, all of the models have been bad this winter with showing storms 7-10 days out, only for them to disappear or not materialize close to what the models were showing that far out. Seems this winter the ops and ensembles are both only good for showing us there might be a chance for a winter storm, but what actually happens is pretty much up in the air.

Gefs through day 8
ec4d6de47b67f733dbe74bbc6b3d90f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GFS forms a coastal on the heels of the big overrunning event. These types 200hr scenarios usually catch my attention because this, to me, signals that there is most likely a LOT more ironing out to do. Even more than usual

Again, why do people say this unless they have something they see in the pattern to cause it?
Ridging is actually sharpening more NE to SW which imo enhances the possibility of an overrunning event for folks to the west. Won’t work for NC/SC outside of elevation. Good for Bama folks though

Back