• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

The CMC is in the ballpark, too. At least we have something to pass the time with for now. It just dawned on me the other day that I have yet to stay up past my bedtime this winter for the sole purpose of model watching.

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_26.png

The 12Z GEFS is looking to come in warmer in week 2. :(
But it does show a nice wedge on 2/15 if it can be believed.

Last edited:
Those peak wind gust for today, rolled through mtns pre dawn , thunder snow,sleet, GSO up until 8:00ish, now heading off the coast.

53 is biggest I saw here, but multiple reports acros the state of 50 mph gust. If anyone sees a map for today with highest record gust each staion, post away. That was some kind of energy spoke that came in right behind the main front from yesterday. Curious if Webb saw this, has a laymans explanation.

gfs says midsouth people are going to need a boat next week followed by a winter storm at the end of the run

Those peak wind gust for today, rolled through mtns pre dawn , thunder snow,sleet, GSO up until 8:00ish, now heading off the coast.

53 is biggest I saw here, but multiple reports acros the state of 50 mph gust. If anyone sees a map for today with highest record gust each staion, post away. That was some kind of energy spoke that came in right behind the main front from yesterday. Curious if Webb saw this, has a laymans explanation.

My guess would be a band of strong winds aloft combined with daytime heating and drier air filtering in helped mix some of the stronger winds down to the surface. Short range models showed winds gusting in the 40s but usually they are overdone.

49 here at my house on my AcuRite 5-in-1 at about 1030. 25 sustained with gusts frequently above 35.

My guess would be a band of strong winds aloft combined with daytime heating and drier air filtering in helped mix some of the stronger winds down to the surface. Short range models showed winds gusting in the 40s but usually they are overdone.

Yea but it wasnt the heating out this way. During sunrise and pre sunrise mtns. Had 60mph gust up there. Higher on ridgetops.

Yea but it wasnt the heating out this way. During sunrise and pre sunrise mtns. Had 60mph gust up there. Higher on ridgetops.

Drier air mixing in can do that and the winds increase dramatically with height, 3km NAM showed winds exceeding 60kts at 1km.

Haven’t looked at hemispheric pattern on ensembles in a few days. This is what I remembered. Global ring of fire.

C36733D1-F0A4-4AFD-B85C-607815AAC03C.png

Back