• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Yeah it's just this winter been so frustrating especially with all the rain we been getting then yesterday we received a flurry for an appetizer only to be teased knowing we would want more

Yeah, the hell with all the rain. I agree with you there.

Like I said a week ago, I'm not a fan of novelty snow events, and I'm a big, snow lover. They're just a big tease and it either doesn't accumulate or if it does, it's on grassy or elevated surfaces and quickly melts. Some folks today had a novelty event while others cashed or lucked out.

I loved the 70's and 80's winter weather. Some folks who was either born too late or were too young to remember, really missed out on some good winter weather in the South during the '70's and '80's. I also enjoyed the early 2000's.

Allatoona is near full pool which doesn’t happen much this time of year. If we get the totals that are being spit out this week things could get interesting.

Yeah, the hell with all the rain. I agree with you there.

Like I said a week ago, I'm not a fan of novelty snow events, and I'm a big, snow lover. They're just a big tease and it either doesn't accumulate or if it does, it's on grassy or elevated surfaces and quickly melts. Some folks today had a novelty event while others cashed or lucked out.

I loved the 70's and 80's winter weather. Some folks who was either born too late or were too young to remember, really missed out on some good winter weather in the South during the '70's and '80's. I also enjoyed the early 2000's.
Agree. In fact, in some ways, novelty snows are painful, as they tend to leave us thinking about what might/should have been.

Actually quite the opposite. Everyone is posting in the other thread as parts of the south have seen 4-6 inches of snow today.
Yeah. I think a lot of people who got snow today are preoccupied with actual snow and not model snow lol. I still feel pretty good about another snow before the first week of march. The atmosphere is primed

Yeah. I think a lot of people who got snow today are preoccupied with actual snow and not model snow lol. I still feel pretty good about another snow before the first week of march. The atmosphere is primed

Yeah, it's certainly possible. My last true snow happened nearly 3 years ago in mid-March. I ended up with about 2" that day. It coated everything, too.

Similarly to you today, it could've easily been 5", and we're talking about mid-March.

All in!
58b960c9b6a6de24fa9e84a7bcab5e9e.png
6712a3dbede2d8c1c9a47581a135daa9.png
5df4bcda09845b8de64a9092a3e6b20a.png
a67f25f39f1e9855695b67facf66e679.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today’s snow was during MJO 5, the warmest phase on average showing you never know!

Our current base climate state has uncoupled the relationship between ocean currents and the atmosphere. May require a reinterpretation of the metrics we follow to predict our weather.

Lanier is 2.75 above full pool. Here we go again this year with heavy lake shore flooding. I expect it to be around 1075 or 1076 by Saturday.
Let's just hope the dry season doesn't take a toll ... April and May can be unkind to the Lake ...

Good. Maybe we can avoid a cold March and go right into the 70s and 80s, it's been a while. This should almost guarantee not seeing a single flake in 2019-2020.

Come March I am generally ready to see 70s and 80s. This winter as a whole has sucked just as bad as 2011-2012 imo. Ready to flush this winter down the toilet.

Back