• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Seems to me that the GFS keeps coming back to a threat around Feb 7-10. It loses it then brings it back etc. The members (more or less) show at least some support for that time period as well.

Sent from my SM-J727U using Tapatalk

I find this hard to believe with a low that strong in the northern Gulf I expect to see more moisture spread out further north and deeper than what this is showing... Thank God this have time to correct itselfgfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh270-306.gif

Truth be told it’s the Gfs look for it to be gone this evening. Maybe even be a cutter and perhaps come back in a few days. But all and all that feb 5-10th timeframe may be winters only hope of a storm.

I find this hard to believe with a low that strong in the northern Gulf I expect to see more moisture spread out further north and deeper than what this is showing... Thank God this have time to correct itselfView attachment 32131

Turns itself into a cutoff low/ULL for at least a stretch, those kinds of systems don't have as much moisture return spread out (and people that do get the moisture can get absolutely destroyed) and have caused me pain in the past...but why sweat something that's nearly 300 hours out, general idea is I really do think some point in February could be very interesting.

Last edited:
most you know this, but there's no point in sweating the details on a day +11 prog. The good news, is, as @GaWx pointed out earlier this morning, there's reason to be hopeful for a cold period in February. The 12Z suit--so far anyway--is reinforcing this idea. On to the good doctor.

Turns itself into a cutoff low/ULL for at least a stretch, those kinds of systems don't have as much moisture return spread out and have caused me pain in the past...but why sweat something that's nearly 300 hours out, general idea is I really do think some point in February could be very interesting.
Yea true! Interesting times ahead but with this we know it will change in the upcoming days... So I wouldn't really be bitting on this storm until it's inside 3 days

Truth be told it’s the Gfs look for it to be gone this evening. Maybe even be a cutter and perhaps come back in a few days. But all and all that feb 5-10th timeframe may be winters only hope of a storm.

You hit on it. We will get a different look but this is the ideal low placement for a board wide event. We saw this once before in December I think but the Pacific screwed everything up. If I had to guess, Euro will be 10° warmer and a cut off rain festival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's very possible that it will I mean at some point these models have to be consistent showing something for the better and I believe February will be a very interesting month for the southeast as a whole and it will be a dark horse for the good and bad
Also even though I've been cliff diving all winter long I'm very confident that February may surprise us with something and starting the thread gave me confidence but we will see

Several big hits skewing that mean that Kylo posted. An active run nevertheless.
GEFSMA_prec_snens_384.png

Very active stormy pattern. Notable snow hole over Tennessee while states on all sides score including the Gulf of Mexico areas.

Back