• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Gfs is close to a great storm day 8/9 . Just need a little more tilt
b9e789c1dcb2174eac80b5983155ba47.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me....this is how, especially I-20 and south (and the I-85 corridor) can really win at a storm. Over-running storm. Outside of CAD events this, again IMHO, is the BEST way to get a good event.

Much of the east coast from NC mtns to New England misses this run. Quiet a jump East.

It's been hinting for a while really, but the big biases the GFS has are concerning me (yesterday at this time this was on the coast before a few suppressed runs), next few Euro runs will tell me if I should keep along or not, but if it's as close as depicted or trends better, I might actually try to chase this one. Hmm.

Well it's out there @228 but once again the GFS says prepare for glory on this run. Dang at least 2 runs in a row.... can it be right just once??? PLEASE!
D10 bullseye. That’s exactly what we want! Remember that big D10 WNC 36” phaser from last Friday? Well, it’s a rainstorm now. But it’s really like @Rain Cold says, “You can’t win em all if you don’t win the first one.” In that, if it’s not showing a snowy solution at d10, you can bet your A double S if wont have one at verification.

It's been hinting for a while really, but the big biases the GFS has are concerning me, next few Euro runs will tell me if I should keep along or not, but if it's as close as depicted or trends better, I might actually try to chase this one. Hmm.

The euro was very close last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a classic overrunning look for us in the SE US w/ a vortex over the lakes and southern stream wave hanging back over the SW US w/ broad WSW-SWly flow aloft. Would make more sense for us to score in a setup like this versus this past week. Timing of course is everything.

View attachment 32395
Webb, I got to say...correct me if I am wrong please, but I know for most south of I-20 and South of I-85 this is usually** our best shot at a winter storm (outside of CAD events)

This is a classic overrunning look for us in the SE US w/ a vortex over the lakes and southern stream wave hanging back over the SW US w/ broad WSW-SWly flow aloft. Would make more sense for us to score in a setup like this versus this past week. Timing of course is everything.

View attachment 32395
maybe I’m a touch out of line here but that ridge stretching down into the western Atlantic gives me pause. I’ve seen that trend west to spoil the party time and time again. But I think some ridging that is properly placed off the east coast is actually ideal.. so I’m torn

GEFS has a system but it doesn't look too enthused on it staying south enough for even north of I-85 which concerns me some, but I'm waiting on what the Euro has to say.

Edit: I can see why now. 12z GEFS suddenly went to more southeast ridging than even last night's Euro or EPS. Lets see if the Euro says yes or no to that.

Last edited:
Lates GEFS does what it often does: it is coming in significantly warmer than prior runs,,,this time during 2/5-9+ thanks to the usual tendency for more SER resistance than waht prior runs were showing.

Last edited:
Back