• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Fab-February 2020 The dark age

Remember all of those cold Feb CFS runs? Now they have this, keeping in mind the AAM being progged to drop. Besides a -PNA, my new least favorite tele is a -AAM. Regardless, I still think there's good hope for late Feb into mid Mar. based on analogs and the hope that the MJO is then going to be more favorable.

Is everyone prepared for what the Bleakiles might show?

1580158852342.png

As I've said there is just no signs of cold anywhere. That's average to slightly above which wont cut it. Which is why I believe the fantasy storms just ain't happening and anyone who thinks otherwise has a lot of disappointment coming.
I wouldn't say these fantasy storms aren't going to happen. They're in fantasy land, they could happen, they may not...50/50. These fantasy storms is all we have to track for now.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I wouldn't say these fantasy storms aren't going to happen. They're in fantasy land, they could happen, they may not...50/50. These fantasy storms is all we have to track for now.

Talking about fantasy, look at the CFS starting at day 10 (storm after storm). Too bad we can't get one genie wish to lock down one model run.

EDIT: I know this is banter, but that was one of the greatest fantasy runs of a model I've seen in a long time. For two weeks after day 10 most on this board would keep snow on the ground as storm after storm dumps snow and ice. Wouldn't it be great to see something like this someday.

Last edited:
I’d take that look verbatim 100 percent . But it’s day 8/9 but the models and ensembles have sucked getting the 3-5 day period right so it’s pointless to even consider something so far out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, the models have been somewhat terrible with somethings so far this winter. It's really hard to believe anything, wonder what's throwing the models off so much?

Why would there be no cold air anywhere. According to the models the next 2 weeks are full of potential. I can care less about blocking and slightly above average temps, plus we don't need a below average to score. Gfs/Euro tells me that our potential is coming. Let's stay positive and maybe just maybe we can score.
I don't know. Maybe someone with way more knowledge than me can answer better but I'll try. We don't live at 500mb. Just like above average heights at 500mb doesn't always equal torch, below heights doesn't always equal cold. We've had a real problem getting cold in the south the last 2 years and my opinion is the STJ is to blame. I just personally think the models are over doing the cold push at the surface in the long range. You end up with a perfect track like this weekend because 500mb is favorable but no cold air. Also the PV is yet to be disrupted which is probably some of it too. But this is just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong.

Remember all of those cold Feb CFS runs? Now they have this, keeping in mind the AAM being progged to drop. Besides a -PNA, my new least favorite tele is a -AAM. Regardless, I still think there's good hope for late Feb into mid Mar. based on analogs and the hope that the MJO is then going to be more favorable.

View attachment 32314
I enjoy seeing way above temps on west coast, compared to our average temps on east coast. We can definitely work with this you guys.

Why would there be no cold air anywhere. According to the models the next 2 weeks are full of potential. I can care less about blocking and slightly above average temps, plus we don't need a below average to score. Gfs/Euro tells me that our potential is coming. Let's stay positive and maybe just maybe we can score.
Agreed 100%

The good looking 500mb looks showing up doesn't appear to be translating to the surface. We need to get the PV disrupted in my opinion. But it's not a torch and it's close. It's just going to take more luck than usual in my opinion.

View attachment 32314
Word on the street- Bleaklies have warmed significantly weeks 2/3 wut a surprise! I hope folks really wasn't falling for the Euro COLD head fake again.....

It can’t snow at 50° as much as we may want to believe the models. The Pacific keeps jamming up the models and they have to correct.

Honestly slightly below-average to average is it a bad luck for all of February. We haven't seen that in a while

lol these H5 changes.

12z be 18z
4e19ffe0bc8f5fc74c3545289050caa0.png
d5f604b88f6d285cb2e1fd539faf31d9.png

GFS almost looks like it tries to send the polar vortex down to parts of the Northern US during that cold snap I'm watching for...now that's how you suppress something...this time the fantasy stuff was snow on the deep south coasts, even getting into Florida (but not to Phil I *think*).

If we can keep the S/W alive the next 2 weeks then someone gonna score big

Back