• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

Under a level 2 risk for severe storms today. Let's see if I can actually get a storm comparable to last week when I got a good one when we weren't under any risk for severe storms.

It's beginning.

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for parts of Granville, Durham, Orange and Person County until 2:15 PM. It's moving east at 25 mph and has the potential to produce winds of 60 mph.

The front has dropped in behind that mcv across south va and is from hky to gso to near roxboro. It'll be interesting to see how this evolves this afternoon into the evening as the ofb/front drops south but the mcv moves away. Good setup to temporarily train cells where convection really fires in the next few hours until it gets outflow dominant and everything moves to the SE

This ofb slipping south through wake and the next upper level energy being west of CLT makes me think there going to be suck hole right over my house
100%. I was lucky to get a little cell pop up and drop .15 but no way we're going to get anything to speak of with all that mess heading to the east up north and the western stuff being too far south.

100%. I was lucky to get a little cell pop up and drop .15 but no way we're going to get anything to speak of with all that mess heading to the east up north and the western stuff being too far south.
In a perfect dream world that ofb would run out of gas right between us and we would cook later but those things don't happen around here

Storms are done over most of upstate SC for today and we did not get 1 drop and not expecting much over the next 2 days either. That front goes farther south and takes all storms south of I-20 until Sunday or Monday.

Back