• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

Due to much faster movement than recent storms, the strong effects from this one lasted only ~15 minutes. However, the wind from this at the start was probably the strongest yet of the many July thunderstorms here. The rain was torrential and the combo of that with wind strength/direction actually blew in some water under the door into the foyer. The short duration prevented major street flooding. I’ll check my rainfall later.

Edit: I got ~1” and that was mainly from 15 minutes of torrential downpours.

Last edited:
Yesterday’s thunderstorm could easily have qualified as severe imho due to high winds near the start. I can’t recall the last time I had a puddle just inside the foyer due to the wind blowing so hard (evidently right toward the door) allowing it to sneak underneath despite it being a pretty tight space. Also, whereas I didn’t lose power, I saw a good number of traffic lights that were still out a couple of hours after the storm not too far from me.

Yesterday’s rainfall at my place ended up at ~1”. That gave me a grand total of ~12.25” for July. What a stormy and wet month! This was the wettest month here since the similar 13.25" during August of 2022 (not that long ago).

Just since July 19th, I got ~9.25”! The last time it was this wet here during that short a period was the 10” I got Sept. 1-10, 2022. June through Sept. 10 of 2022 was incredibly wet here, pushing the water table all of the way up, which lead to AC condensation drain line backup.

Inside the house I had a hottest of ~88 for the month and probably for all-time due to no AC for a couple of days.

Max 100.9
Min 64.9
Avg 80.2
Rain 8.79

One of the coolest (by average temp) in the past ten years.

July 1, 2024 - July 31, 2024

HighLowAverage
Temperature103.4 °F56.4 °F80.1 °F
Dew Point80.7 °F53.7 °F72.2 °F
Humidity98 %30 %79 %
Precipitation5.81 in----

Back