• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dry July 2024

It'll be interesting to see how far S this front can get late in the week and next weekend. Typically they can leak farther south as convection shoots outflows south and the front jumps into them farther south. That said the overall setup is going to provide a good amount of resistance to the front as the trough in the NE races out ofb the picture and a baggy trough is left over the western SE potentially getting replaced as the 4 corners ridge reamplifies. Over time we may start to see the west coast into AK pattern change slightly which will start inching this pattern east toward the end of the month.

Gonna cut grass Monday for first time in several weeks. It's come out and jumped 4" since it rained last week
I used my lawnmower for the first time in over three weeks today and gave my lawn a buzz cut. With a more stormy pattern in the works after the heat wave for the first half of this coming week, it looks like I'd better get back into the pattern of cutting my grass every two weeks again.

ILM doesn't sound convinced of the wetter pattern yet. Guess we'll see.

Dug sweet taters today and the ground was powder past around 5" deep. That .77" total ain't gonna cut it with the heat coming.

RIP Richard Simmons
Sad to hear this. Being 50 years old myself, he was in the fabric of America for a long time during my life. He helped many people lose weight and gain confidence. While I’m a skinny 5’11 210lb guy, I know the hard work he put in to transform his body even if our issues are on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Keep sweating to the oldies!!!

Last edited:
The next 3-4 days look brutal with regard to the HI. With the heavy rainfall that RDU received last week, it will be interesting to see whether or not RDU resumes being hotter than FAY and other nearby areas. It is a near certainty the entire area will be hot but will RDU resume sticking out now that the drought has lessened? So far today, it looks pretty uniform with RDU and nearby mainly 92-3 at noon and FAY up at 95.

Back