• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

There’s that pesky little piece of energy that’s been popping up on the gfs that’s the catalysts to such a big jump in SER strength as it dives south into the west pumping that bad boy … the CMC doesn’t see it at all and I’m assuming we don’t get screwed as much as the run continues but we will see 3A815474-6A63-4C46-BA89-5EE92594C58A.jpegA7EB90C3-91C0-4386-97B4-A22333F57E3C.jpeg

Merry Torchmas. Can't wait to go to the beach and hit the links for Christmas.

1639569600-FsQeur2EnpI.png

I think a lot of this ties into old climo. We had a really long stretch (decades?) where the pacific was never bad other than short periods or random 1 off years so the main driver to winter weather was the NAO. Now that we certainly moved into a cycle where the pacific is more bad than good the influence/importance of the NAO gets muted and the importance of the pacific being favorable has come to the forefront. I'd rather spike a ridge through AK to the pole put the PV over Hudson Bay, have a +nao in the means and take my chances vs a -pna/-nao 35 and rain
Amen x 1000. Pacific drives our winter. Say it every year. Just give me one choice of a TC and it's a +PNA for me. I'll take a chance on the rest ligning up right.

Back