• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December to Remember

The good thing is the western snow pack (specifically in higher elevations) will go above normal. This provides crucial water supplies for agricultural areas in the spring. We get a lot of our food from the west.
View attachment 96248
Look at Falls with the silver lining winner down the sideline!

This. Long way to go and still in fall. We will get some shots along the way. The roller coaster ride is just beginning!

On another note I’m just begging for some rain. Hate seeing the wildfires here in NC.
I say this every year around this time. Fact is most places in the southeast will rarely see a decent snow before January. Since 2006 I’ve had one December that gave me a 2 inch plus snow event which was in 2010. Last year was only the second time I’ve had even a one inch snow before January. That storm happened on November 30th which was also the only November I’ve ever had a snow storm that produced an inch. Snow is fun to track but no one should think winter is done or doomed based off what’s happening at the very end of November into December.

It's not too late for you to change your vote on the thread name...... ?
The name can be interpreted in many ways .. dam I remember December being so warm .. dam I remember December being so cold .. dam I remember December for that late December snow storm … dam I remember December for that wicked severe weather outbreak .. dam i remember … see so many outcomes

Looks like we are seeing a repeat of last year with the models again. SER shows it's ugly head in the extended only to have a -NAO show up once we get to the medium range and mute it. Problem is we will likely just see days of cloudy and 40 degree days with that type of pattern. I won't complain because I enjoy that type of weather but until we get the pacific to work for us I expect a lot of 30 and 40 degree days with a lot of CAD sprinkled in for those east of the APPs. Going to need the pacific to work if we want to get true artic air in here and have a chance for winter weather.

Back