• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

He's looking at last night on there. It's free for 7 days though. Gotta check time stamps.

I just talked to a pro met. He confirmed that it is not possible that they're talking about today's 12Z Euro, which is only out to hour 96. That has to be based on an older run.

I see you have Bricks phone number

NCSNOW link said:
I just talked to a pro met. He confirmed that it is not possible that they're talking about today's 12Z Euro, which is only out to hour 96. That has to be based on an older run.

I see you have Bricks phone number
[/quote]

Oh yes, Brick knows all lol. I never doubt Brick!

SD link said:
This buffalo Pittsburgh game makes me miss snow

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Yeah, you better DVR this one, cause it's the only way your going to see any this year!! And you can hit play in February, as we are awaiting fab feb, in vain! :(

SD link said:
This buffalo Pittsburgh game makes me miss snow

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
More fun to watch then the Panthers game that's for sure...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GaWx link said:
The newest Euro has the low well west like the 12Z GFS.
Like too far west for a Miller B?

Tarheel1 link said:
[quote author=GaWx link=topic=2.msg1336#msg1336 date=1481480805]
[/quote]

Yes. The low goes through MO, IL, and IN.

GaWx link said:
[quote author=Tarheel1 link=topic=2.msg1338#msg1338 date=1481481346]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yep Euro caving to the GFS and Lucy has pulled the ball from us again

metwannabe link said:
[quote author=GaWx link=topic=2.msg1339#msg1339 date=1481481580]
[quote author=Tarheel1 link=topic=2.msg1338#msg1338 date=1481481346]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yep Euro caving to the GFS and Lucy has pulled the ball from us again

[/quote]
Well, most in the SE need the rain, so that's a plus!

Forget snow, I'd rather not see a torch again in December like last year.

Yes we're off to a good start in this camp.

The latest GFS and CMC looked like the cold pushed further south, showing ice for west tn and Kentucky next sunday. The gfs para came in with a even more bullish push south and east. Not saying they are right but they did look better. :snowflake:

GeorgiaGirl link said:
Forget snow, I'd rather not see a torch again in December like last year.

Yes we're off to a good start in this camp.

Absolutely. Plus, look at all of the great rains Dec has brought into the SE (alluded to by Tarheel) which was a huge blessing and was what a number of posters were more concerned with. They said they'd take the rain and be giddy about it like it was snowing. Remember that? I mean this was said only within the last couple of weeks. Moreover, Dec is typically a crappy month for most in the SE for wintry precip relative to later. How soon folks forget. On top of that, we've just had the coldest anomalies by a good margin since Feb! And finally, this is only weather we're talking about, not things like one's physical health! Now regarding mental health, that may be a different story! ;)

December is a month that usually teases us. It often brings a lot of cold, but rarely does it give us any wintry precip. It's really a month of wasted cold in most years.

Man, the GFS looks absolutely atrocious at the end of the run.  Just a parade of storms slamming into the west coast.  Completely the wrong thing for a wintry SE.

SoutheastRidge link said:
December is a month that usually teases us. It often brings a lot of cold, but rarely does it give us any wintry precip. It's really a month of wasted cold in most years.
I tend to agree. I can only think of two memorable winter storms in recent years in December. (2005 ice storm and 2010 Christmas snow)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rain Cold link said:
Man, the GFS looks absolutely atrocious at the end of the run.  Just a parade of storms slamming into the west coast.  Completely the wrong thing for a wintry SE.
come back at 00z and you will get a completely different look.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back