• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

Supershow link said:
Even the latest Para is starting to fade away next weekend:
19aec7f8f8644300e899abf586fbdac4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes it does, but the 6z gfs this morning kinda looked interesting for that period now lol

I don't understand why they can't program the models to show warm rain in the LR, instead of all these fantasy Cold shots and winter threats.  They'd be far more accurate.  Just hard code them to show past day 5 the farthest extent of the cold press 600 miles to the northwest and have every system cut toward the Lakes.

accu35 link said:
[quote author=Supershow link=topic=2.msg1465#msg1465 date=1481547587]

Yes it does, but the 6z gfs this morning kinda looked interesting for that period now lol
[/quote]
You mean this :
23e00440e9d1a8736beb79de43833f32.jpg

Great shot of cold coming but good lord the torch coming after toward ?? is gonna be big it appears.

I'm talking post like D10 but models have been bouncing all over. Looks like JMA prob right toward Christmas.

Euro is showing ice now for here Monday into Tuesday. I guess the good thing is we are seeing threats show up on the models inside 10 days. It looks like the weekend threat is gone, but now we have an ice storm threat for Monday into Tuesday of next week. A lot better seeing these threats show up versus nothing at all. Hopefully, things will work out and some of them will come to fruition.

Supershow link said:
[quote author=accu35 link=topic=2.msg1471#msg1471 date=1481551121]
[quote author=Supershow link=topic=2.msg1465#msg1465 date=1481547587]

[/quote]
You mean this : yes that, I been still watching that time period, if gfs start improving for that time frame, then maybe the gfs para is on to something
23e00440e9d1a8736beb79de43833f32.jpg

[/quote]

Brick Tamland link said:
Euro is showing ice now for here Monday into Tuesday. I guess the good thing is we are seeing threats show up on the models inside 10 days. It looks like the weekend threat is gone, but now we have an ice storm threat for Monday into Tuesday of next week. A lot better seeing these threats show up versus nothing at all. Hopefully, things will work out and some of them will come to fruition.

The euro is nuts...30 Friday 60s Saturday 70 Sunday then falling through the 30s on Monday with freezing rain developing

SD link said:
[quote author=Brick Tamland link=topic=2.msg1478#msg1478 date=1481553121]

The euro is nuts...30 Friday 60s Saturday 70 Sunday then falling through the 30s on Monday with freezing rain developing
[/quote]

It's happened before.

SD link said:

[/quote]

Hard to believe isn't it???  Don't know if I'm drinking that Kool-Aid

Is the arctic air going to miss us early next week?  I notice that places like Minneapolis are forecast to be colder with the arctic airmass coming in late next weekend than the one this week. Meanwhile, we may have highs in the 30s this week but our forecast highs for early next week look pretty seasonal.

Flurry link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg1484#msg1484 date=1481555189]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea I am not ready to get that crazy but the 6z GFS did lean toward the Euro with some ice on the front end of the system next week so it has a little support. Just saw the 0z Canadian....better buy a generator lol

SoutheastRidge link said:
Is the arctic air going to miss us early next week?  I notice that places like Minneapolis are forecast to be colder with the arctic airmass coming in late next weekend than the one this week. Meanwhile, we may have highs in the 30s this week but our forecast highs for early next week look pretty seasonal.
It looks like the brunt of next week's cold slides more East than South only giving us the fringe ... for now anyway

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=ATLWxFan link=topic=2.msg1460#msg1460 date=1481543571]
If you like warm, the 06z GFS has your name written all over it.

it's not really warm at all . of course post day ten has a day at 66 but it's post day ten, evem that would be short lived as a cold front is on the door step . in fact , except for a couple days the temps in Atlanta are fairly close to normal for this time of year .  if you average the next ten days atlanta would average a couple degrees below normal
a9f60700682435a2d3c55bfe312e7aa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
[/quote]
Yeah I guess I was looking at Xmas and beyond which you never know what will happen. It does seem that the Xmas torch always verifies.

SD link said:
[quote author=Flurry link=topic=2.msg1486#msg1486 date=1481555444]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yea I am not ready to get that crazy but the 6z GFS did lean toward the Euro with some ice on the front end of the system next week so it has a little support. Just saw the 0z Canadian....better buy a generator lol
[/quote]

We've had some good winter storms here before on the heels of warm weather.

ATLWxFan link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg1463#msg1463 date=1481545704]

it's not really warm at all . of course post day ten has a day at 66 but it's post day ten, evem that would be short lived as a cold front is on the door step . in fact , except for a couple days the temps in Atlanta are fairly close to normal for this time of year .  if you average the next ten days atlanta would average a couple degrees below normal

[/quote]
Yeah I guess I was looking at Xmas and beyond which you never know what will happen. It does seem that the Xmas torch always verifies.

[/quote]
ATL avg high is probably 57 this time of year, so that doesn't look torchy!

SD link said:
[quote author=Flurry link=topic=2.msg1486#msg1486 date=1481555444]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
The CMC had a generator event for this Saturday, sadly it was wrong! Cold rain is boring! Rain cold , is awesome! :)

Tarheel1 link said:
[quote author=ATLWxFan link=topic=2.msg1491#msg1491 date=1481556404]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
I think it's closer to 54

Tarheel1 link said:
[quote author=ATLWxFan link=topic=2.msg1491#msg1491 date=1481556404]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote] avg high in atl for today is 55

Back