• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

SoutheastRidge link said:
Sometimes I wonder if winters were more enjoyable back in the old days when there were no weather models to worry about.

Nothing like when I was young and turned the weather channel on and got excited hearing a chance of snow in the forecast.  If it didn't pan out, oh well!  Now, I feel like I'm constantly chasing weather models to make a solution and if they dont, I get ticked off.

Starburst link said:
[quote author=SoutheastRidge link=topic=2.msg1441#msg1441 date=1481523860]
Sometimes I wonder if winters were more enjoyable back in the old days when there were no weather models to worry about.

Nothing like when I was young and turned the weather channel on and got excited hearing a chance of snow in the forecast.  If it didn't pan out, oh well!  Now, I feel like I'm constantly chasing weather models to make a solution and if they dont, I get ticked off.
[/quote] exactly how I feel!

Through 144, Euro says no go for Winter weather in the South.

Starburst link said:

[/quote] that's exactly how I feel. It was so much more fun back in those days.

Pieces of stronger energy approaching past 144, waiting for maps.  Likely won't lead to much for us, but I'll check over on the precipitation/temp maps when they come in.

vegaseagle link said:
[quote author=Starburst link=topic=2.msg1434#msg1434 date=1481518036]
I had really food hopes (internally) for the 15th-20th time.  Oh well.  As I get older, the more just plain annoyed I get with this whole weather model thing.
Amen brother!  :-\
[/quote]

Someday I'm moving to the north east.! As soon as I win the lottery??

Still stuck at hour 144.  Should come soon.  Looking like it's going to the crapper for Winter weather fans in the South though.

By 192, maybe some Wintry mess for NE/ Central/Eastern NC areas (doens't even make it to Charlotte).  Looks like the bulk of moisture is happening before the 32F comes in.  Getting out in lala land now though, so eh.  Basically, pretty much fail for most.

SoutheastRidge link said:

I honestly wonder if the winters of the 70s and 80s can even happen today... it just feels like things aren't the same anymore.

lol the Euro stays below freezing all day next Sunday and almost Monday here with zero precip. :(

and yes, sometimes I really wish the 16-day GFS wasn't public. In the winter even 1 day out is usually a tricky business around here lol

I can't recall even seeing anything Wintry in Western TN on tonight's Euro.  Looking like majority of precip was before the cold could come in.  (through 200)

We are out of luck guys.  It is December though.  Maybe New Year/early Jan.

Starburst link said:
I can't recall even seeing anything Wintry in Western TN on tonight's Euro.  Looking like majority of precip was before the cold could come in.  (through 200)

We are out of luck guys.  It is December though.  Maybe New Year/early Jan.
yeah the fact that wintry precip is even being mentioned in mid Dec is a win for us IMO. None of us outside of the mountains should ever expect wintry precip in Mid Dec and usually not late Dec. JAN and Feb are our winter months and occasionally March. Anything before Christmas is extremely rare around here.

I still think the favored CAD areas deal with some minor icing at the start of the next system. Models tend to rush the very low level cold out a little too fast. Even if it's minor, it's only December and a better start than last year lol.

Maybe we can score next Tuesday or Wednesday?
Looking forward to the warm up around Christmas, it's always good to get to go out and enjoy your new presents!  :)

Starburst link said:

[/quote]

LOL! Me too! Life was so much simpler we were younger...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ATLWxFan link said:
If you like warm, the 06z GFS has your name written all over it.

Not really very cold through at least 240 with single digits in the mountains...anything after that time is garbage anyway just like the fake winter storms. It's cold with a few wedges I will take it present through 240.

Extended fantasy land is -40 degrees out west while we bake. It's interesting.. not just warm and gloomy.

Re: December Discussion

ATLWxFan link said:

it's not really warm at all . of course post day ten has a day at 66 but it's post day ten, evem that would be short lived as a cold front is on the door step . in fact , except for a couple days the temps in Atlanta are fairly close to normal for this time of year .  if you average the next ten days atlanta would average a couple degrees below normal
a9f60700682435a2d3c55bfe312e7aa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Even the latest Para is starting to fade away next weekend:
19aec7f8f8644300e899abf586fbdac4.jpg

bigstick10 link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg1463#msg1463 date=1481545704]
[quote author=ATLWxFan link=topic=2.msg1460#msg1460 date=1481543571]

it's not really warm at all . of course post day ten has a day at 66 but it's post day ten, evem that would be short lived as a cold front is on the door step . in fact , except for a couple days the temps in Atlanta are fairly close to normal for this time of year .  if you average the next ten days atlanta would average a couple degrees below normal
a9f60700682435a2d3c55bfe312e7aa1.jpg

[/quote]

Can you tell me how to get that graph?  Thanks
[/quote]
it's on wxbell. they have a free 7 day trial period . then I think I pay like 20 bucks a month or something like that

Back