• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

Storm5 link said:
little CAD event next Saturday on the 00z gfs

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That'd likely be ice for most in the CAD areas before turning over to rain as the daylight comes out.  850s bad for all of NC even.  Basically, the 1040 High moves away and we here in the CAD areas know how long those wedges tend to stick around longer than forecast. 

In other words, a bit ominous.  BUT if the 1040 stays strong in prime areas, snowfall is not out of the question into parts of NC and SC, maybe even GA.

You're right. I was just saying that to my weather friend

good news is the epo is going nuts and trying to bridge with the Scandinavian ridge

I may be behind but that energy in south Texas/ Mexico may make some noise

Re: December Discussion

gfs is really crapping on the pacific pattern. this run is about to hit the dumpster

Remember, we now have a faster/better updating GFS-Para that should run also tonight.  Earlier, it's solutions were wildly different from it's OP counter-part, lets see what it "wants to do" with the 14-18th time-frame.

Chistmas looks active once again... but it's fantasy range... hope we aren't playing this game all
Winter

NorthGaWinter link said:
Chistmas looks active once again... but it's fantasy range... hope we aren't playing this game all
Winter

You see that 1057mb high dropping in?  Whew.  Looking like WW3 is about to explode (weather-wise) in future frames.

LOLOL. That strong of a high and only Tennessee is getting winter precip.

Canadian coming in with a nice little snow into parts of NC, then an ice storm brewing out in AR, MS, snows in TN.

Then last frame of Canadian brings the ice/mix into GA (down to at least ATL) & upstate SC. 850's again warm with HP pulling away.

Canadian has and ice storm hitting the southeast and NGA at the end of its run. But probably turns to rain quickly as the high is moving off to the Atlantic. Need a -NAO

I think I just fainted at the end of the GFS out here....  :eek: this is a Texas special lol

and yes I totally registered because of that lmao

Back