• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December Discussion

whatalife link said:
At least we're talking about cold this Dec vs. 80° weather for most of last Dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, were in a much better position now (pattern wise) in December 2016 than we were in December 2015. I like seeing there's still potential storm systems in the LR to bring more drought relief than trying to get worked up about a hypothetical winter storm. Realistically, I don't expect anyone south of TN/NC to see any chance of wintry weather until the new year rolls in.

18z gefs has 10 members that bring snow to various parts of the southeast

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Storm5 link said:
18z gefs has 10 members that bring snow to various parts of the southeast

To add to this, there are a few that get it into the deeper parts of the South.  The mean isn't even horrible!  Good signs moving forward!

The clipper deal that gave upper parts of the South of course doesn't look too great on the 00z.  It's cold by that time for sure.. which I guess we can be happy about.

accu35 link said:
OH MY GFS, COLD, WINTER STORM
Wouldn't take much to get a miller-A storm out of that one. Right now it's showing a bad ice storm for the damming zones with temps in the 20's to start.

SD link said:
I'm a little surprised at the lack of chatter about the overnight runs. The euro...wow

I don't have access to snow maps on the Euro, do they look good for our region?

SimeonNC link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg416#msg416 date=1481115533]
I'm a little surprised at the lack of chatter about the overnight runs. The euro...wow

[/quote]

It has some light snow for the northern half of NC around day 9, looks like it might be too warm down your way. The overall pattern by day 10 looks decent and we aren't seeing the western trough building. The ensemble mean has about a half inch or so of snow for a good part of NC

SD link said:
[quote author=SimeonNC link=topic=2.msg417#msg417 date=1481116273]
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg416#msg416 date=1481115533]

[/quote]

It has some light snow for the northern half of NC around day 9, looks like it might be too warm down your way. The overall pattern by day 10 looks decent and we aren't seeing the western trough building. The ensemble mean has about a half inch or so of snow for a good part of NC
[/quote] what about that ice storm lol

Shane just for fun, can you post the ice storm map? I'm board lol

Re: December Discussion

accu35 link said:
Shane just for fun, can you post the ice storm map? I'm board lol
quickly changes to rain for most outside of CAD areas. Meh , not that exciting . this isn't a good look for a winter storm in the SE outside of CAD areas
b7d3a395de1d9a6df81417a3b20cd489.jpg

1044 over Maine....that wedge would be driving deep into Ga/Al good lord

SD link said:
Yeah looked interesting late in the period. I've said it for a while now if we have a chance next week it favors Arkansas , Tennessee and NC

Storm5 link said:
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg423#msg423 date=1481122601]

verification chance at this lead.....10 percent

[/quote]

So your saying theres a chance?

SD link said:
[quote author=Storm5 link=topic=2.msg424#msg424 date=1481122730]
[quote author=SD link=topic=2.msg423#msg423 date=1481122601]

verification chance at this lead.....10 percent

[/quote]

So your saying theres a chance?
[/quote]
Haha,  first one of the year. I always wonder who is gonna day that for the first time . you win

Seriously I'd be fairly excited if I lived in Tenn and NC at least for having a chance at something wintry in the next 10 days

In light of this morning's GFS...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/12/06/heres-why-computer-models-ten-days-into-the-future-cannot-be-trusted/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12z gfs -winter storm threat for NC next Thursday

Back