• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal? (35 Viewers)

Looks like temps will warm for the new couple weeks after this coming storm starting the following week, regardless of what Cohen says. Should turn cold after the 3-4th of January looking at the movement of the high in Canada to a more favorable spot and the low over Alaska retrograding to the SW. Don't see any sign of major blocking though.

Models look to have done a nice job from last week forecasting today’s snow.

I woke up to snow showers and pellets this morning making this the 4th day I’ve seen snow fall from the sky already this winter. Never has this happened this early in my 12 years of living in northern Tennessee. By this week next time it could easily be 7-8 days of winter precipitation falling before mid December! Looks like tonight might be a nice little event also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

metwannabe

Staff member
Supporter
Wish I was at the house, returns up that way don't look too shabby.... I mean there were barely any returns when I saw flurries as I was leaving for work so there may be some legit snow showers up there now

edit: the wife just text and said light snow in Roanoke Rapids #winning

Last edited:
Some graupel in Roanoke Rapids per pic the wife just sent me

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Nice! Last night around 1am the radar turned yellow right over my area and dropped a dusting in 10 minuets with very heavy snow and 34 degrees. Ended with a tenth of an inch but would have had closer to an inch as snow flurries flew all night but didn’t hit freezing til 5am. December snow is bonus snow no matter how much in my book.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 14)