• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Last edited:
If the 12z GFS 1040 HP verified you would more than likely get your sleet!
GS, I've seen sleet in early Dec before, just not more than a few minutes before the waa moved in. This looks like a strong enough cad to push some in to Ala. If it's still there two days out, I'll start sanding the rust off the runners, lol. I'd like to hear Larry say climo agrees, then if it's two days out, I might get the studded snow tires out, so I can get out to the state road, lol.

Looks like it’s gonna be just like 12z! Wasn’t expecting that!

GS, I've seen sleet in early Dec before, just not more that a few minutes before the waa moved in. This looks like a strong enough cad to push some in to Ala. If it's still there two days out, I'll start sanding the rust off the runners, lol. I'd like to hear Larry say climo agrees, then if it's two days out, I might get the studded snow tires out, so I can get out to the state road, lol.
I found an old post from Larry on December SN/IP. See below.
ATL over the last hundred years has averaged only 0.3" of SN/IP in Dec (0.1" 1st half and 0.2" 2nd half). That is only ~15% of its average seasonal total of ~2". Only 18 of the last 100 ATL Decembers have had measurable SN/IP.

High moving in tandem with the storm! Happy hour gonna bring the goods..

Nice HP and nice 50/50 low. Temps warmer so far though. HP is strong but slow moving east

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_32.png

Back