• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

There already was one a few days ago on the FV3. Feb 1973 redux. Model hours shouldn’t go past 240, anything after that is a joke.
I always remember this one time when I was much younger (senior in high school I believe) when I was "tracking" a February storm on the GFS from literally Day 16. It showed up consistently as a beautiful Miller A snowstorm from Day 16 and kept showing up Day 15, 14, 13 all the way until the day it made it to truncation and it disappeared, never to return. Once I wised up to what was going on, I quit wasting my time chasing storms beyond model truncation - there's enough frustration and wild roller-coaster rides to deal with getting from Day 7 inside of Day 5.

If I had to bet, I think this one ends up cutting despite what the ensembles are suggesting right now (mainly because it keeps trending slower and probably will continue to) but it's really anyone's guess.

Looking at what y'all posted, EPS, it does support the op some, but to me it supports the southern route more

EPS is nowhere close to the Op (IMO)

Not to hype anything, but the last time I saw this many big dog members (pink) this far out was Jan 6-7 2017... NC triad folks remember that one. We just usually don’t get 6 or more 10”+ snows on the EPS individual members this far out...about as strong of a signal as you’ll find. It can trend NW sure — as it did in 2017, Raleigh got shafted, but maybe someone will get in on an early December snow. Only problem....it’s early December. Lol

7f61312f3f81ee79a0261c9b788fa575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice energy over Montana diving in this run will be a happy hour special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High is stronger but low is further North..what gives...nice little thump incoming for NC

Last edited:
Back