• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

GFS lost it, Euro started to pick it up, and then GFS comes back like gangbusters. I said before when they go back and forth like that, but multiple models have shown a storm in the long range, that's when it usually comes together.

Low 40s and rain for most is a great way to start winter
5be0887508192e232401d1eee89240a6.png
215330394e20928fbfbec2452f498589.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The only thing that scares me about that map is the front-end thumping is rain instead of snow. CAD getting quickly eradicated here? If not, then there needs to be a suppliant of cold air. If we are relying on CAD alone, tell me how the GFS comes up with those snow totals?

The good news is we can't take the track as modeled seriously this far out and there is time for improvements (of course it could go the other way too). Once inside 120 hours we should have a good idea on the overall 5H setup and players on the field; the NAM will be key for any warm nose once in range.

The main takeaways at this point are that we have a strong signal for a system producing plenty of qpf and sufficient cold air nearby for a winter storm somewhere in the SE to Mid-Atlantic region. We need this to stay suppressed along the Gulf Coast region for a chance; CAD regions as usual may have the best shot here if the HP builds in ahead of the storm or as it starts.

My wallet could use a good snowstorm especially one that shuts everything down for atleast two days. I work at an animal hospital and every time it shows I volunteer to stay. I get paid for every minute I'm there even while I'm sleeping. One year I had 48 straight hours on the clock.

Back