• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

584D6C42-43E4-441F-AFD8-8BD74B8D6DED.png I know, it’s the 84 hour NAM, but I like where it’s headed!:weenie::weenie:

The models can’t handle the pattern change! It’s changing from winter to summer in about 5 days! 48 here today, 70s on Sunday! Models can’t handle the heat!
I know that's the Truth. We hit 38 yesterday and low of 20 this morning... Saturday is calling for a High of 70...lol

That high is strong and if it parks it there, someone getting iced over .That would be a strong wedge .

******Note******

Members just a friendly reminder we need to use the banter forum whenever we can. I had to move a few post tonight (even 2 of mine so I need to improve also) to the banter thread. Let’s try to make this forum to stay on topic as much as possible.

Thanks
Patrick

Last edited:
This is what the 0z FV3 has so far. There is a high north of the system which is good. The bad, there is a high over Bermuda, which is of course "pumping" warm southerly winds. If that high was off to the NE instead, the FV3 would have a significant winter storm.
bd9d57324fa21533f152ec23d70be8d4.jpg

While everyone is focused on the 200+ hour storm, this little guy has been trending a bit better and colder for some areas today. It’s only 144 hours out too and wouldn’t take much of a change to see a nice little snow for NC folks.
upload_2018-11-29_0-55-18.png
upload_2018-11-29_0-56-6.png

I wouldn't be shocked at all if 6z in the morning flipped back around and have us a raging ice storm. I've seen this happen many times before this far out.

A 1018 high usually won't get the job done minus the mountains, especially at this time of the year.

There’s plenty of cold pressing in though, it just all depends on how the 5H setup evolves and timing of the energy. It’s close enough right now that verbatim parts of NC see light snow.
upload_2018-11-29_1-41-50.png
upload_2018-11-29_1-43-26.png

There’s plenty of cold pressing in though, it just all depends on how the 5H setup evolves and timing of the energy. It’s close enough right now that verbatim parts of NC see light snow.
View attachment 7733
View attachment 7734

"Parts of NC" as in the mountains...
You need a bigger cold high east of the Rockies, a 1018 will not get the job done in early December, maybe in January barring that there's a massive and very extensive snow pack to our north w/ snow cover extending down thru the entirety of the mid-Atlantic s.t. even the slightest amount of CAA brings sufficient cold air into the mix. Verbatim the only part of NC that would see snow in that setup are the apps and that's it. Temps are well into the 40s on the Euro for most of NC, the best way to change that is to raise the MSLP to the north & northeast of the storm &/or strengthen the low over the Canadian Maritimes s.t. there's more CAA in New England & Ontario/Quebec before the storm. Seeing a low over Ontario during the event doesn't bode well for this setup

Last edited:
Back