• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

I hit my lowest temperature of the season (28) so far this morning. I know that we usually don't have large scale cold outbreaks during El Nino years, but it's kind of late in the season for my location to go below thirty for the first time. Does anyone else think that this year will feature any "vodka cold" outbreaks? I feel like that we are way overdue for such a large scale event in the region.

Well, so far the 0z GFS has a different look than it's 18z run. The system is being held back, while that strong high is over the southeastern region by late week next week. The system could turn out as a cold rain to freezing rain, to all snow. We'll shall see how it turns out on this 0z GFS run.

This sure does not scream winter weather threat.

#00zfail ......
36a784b0dc0962705cd95cae99f586c5.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we've jumped from an Apps Runner or Miller B like CAD event to a GLC in one run. I'm not even sure this looks like the 12z Euro as that looked like an Apps Runner to me.

Back