• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Lol, H right on top. Sold! Happy hour. I know we're saying how early it is, but I'm getting pretty confident there will be a storm. What falls from the sky in MBY? lol, who knows. Probably cold refreshing rain. It's fun watching the fantasy storm maps over and over though!

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_40.png

Hilariously erroneous handling of the CAD wedge. I truly don't understand why they run this model beyond truncation. Just a waste of computing resources. Why not just run it out to ten days and then run the ensembles at a higher resolution?

gfs_Td2m_seus_fh228-252.gif

Hilariously erroneous handling of the CAD wedge. I truly don't understand why they run this model beyond truncation. Just a waste of computing resources. Why not just run it out to ten days and then run the ensembles at a higher resolution?

View attachment 7717
Bc what would we do when the weather is boring for ten days?

Just some thoughts; I wouldn't say there are any particular soild trends. I think most of us are confident to say there will be a system. At the moment, I think it's more important to see rather the high will "win over" the low for CAD, or if the high will move along with the low, or if the high will move in northwest of the low. If the high comes down NW of the low, it could turn out to be a rain to snow event. It's certainly possible that, with a broad area of a high pressure, the low could shift south which would open the "doors" for colder temps.

Another solution that could play out is that, there could be a high off to NE, and another high coming down off to the NW of the low. If that were to happen, it's possible that it could turn out to be a rain to ice, to a snow event. Snow on top of ice makes it more dangerous than just snow.

c2cd21cca3212ddec5871b914c3d1b58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just keep that look under day 7 and I'm all in. I don't recall ever being in a 2-3 inch mean and not being in the ball game during the event. That seems like a pretty legit signal, even at this lead time of something in the CAD areas. But I'm a weenie, so yeah.

Back