• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Quite a CAD signal on the GEFS.
snod.conus.png

The key, if there is any at this lead time is, the strength and position of the high for the CAD ! A 1035-1040 over NY, will definitely get the job done into the W Carolinas! That’s the first run I’ve seen that! Let’s keep it up!

The key, if there is any at this lead time is, the strength and position of the high for the CAD ! A 1035-1040 over NY, will definitely get the job done into the W Carolinas! That’s the first run I’ve seen that! Let’s keep it up!
Facts. Good snow cover up that way as well

FV3 has a storm. HP is more transient. Not ideal. Does our current pattern favor a stationary HP or more of a transient one?

I would gladly take a deep & cold CAD event over a miller A coastal cyclone every day of the week in the Charlotte area. The deepest/strongest cold air damming events (Dec 15-18 1930, Feb 12-13 2014, etc) have produced upwards of 10-12" of snow in Charlotte before the inevitable changeover to sleet & freezing rain occurred. Tbh, it's hard to find amounts like that in/around Charlotte for a beefy coastal cyclone. When they do occur here, usually the heaviest axis of snow skirts just to the NW or to the east of the city.

If we go on track record so far with 2 ice storms already this one may trend better with time. Don't think anyone expected even the mountains to have that much action in November! I will take pattern persistence over model madness any day! :cool::p

GFS and FV3 aren’t all that different at 12z with the setup. Main difference I see is HP strength and position. FV3 is weaker and more transient

Any area that is not NW of Birmingham or N of Atlanta in that map is a mystery to me why it even shows such heavy snow. The N GA part makes sense but of course why over analyze a clown map 11 days out that'll be different in 6 hours.

It's seeing the future of what it will show 6hrs away.

Back