• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

Wondering whether to put my money on the GEFS or the EPS
acac36e9339fd011c6c005adee3a9da9.jpg
7ee77f3b13d4b885aadd6a62f6a289aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just some slight changes on the 06z FV3 vs the 00z run lol. Maybe one day we can get a model that holds the same look for 6 hours

00z
636862169027d1d343151987981efbc9.png

06z
db0845f0e5534ccaebb31db9ec139a24.png

Not at 240+ hours haha. Anything in a single model run beyond 7 days (honestly even 5 days) out is just too unreliable to be counting on for specifics beyond the large scale pattern, and even then it's much better to just look at the ensembles. It's fun to look at and say well, if the pattern does x, y and z then this could happen and compare runs, but hoping to reel in a storm 240+ hours with no major changes really isn't being realistic. Sure a model could show a storm during the 12/8 to 12/10 time frame now, completely lose it, and then bring it back around 5 days out, but it'll likely look different and have different players involved.

Not at 240+ hours haha. Anything in a single model run beyond 7 days (honestly even 5 days) out is just too unreliable to be counting on for specifics beyond the large scale pattern, and even then it's much better to just look at the ensembles. It's fun to look at and say well, if the pattern does x, y and z then this could happen and compare runs, but hoping to reel in a storm 240+ hours with no major changes really isn't being realistic. Sure a model could show a storm during the 12/8 to 12/10 time frame now, completely lose it, and then bring it back around 5 days out, but it'll likely look different and have different players involved.

Yeah usually my rule of thumb is to get the storm inside 144 hours and then start looking at it. Outside of that the key features change way too much run to run and it's going to be a long winter if we watch every fantasy storm the GFS and FV3 spit out haha.

EPS v/s GEFS differences at day 10. I like the GEFS better :)

View attachment 7702

Nice to see you guys talking about Dec 9th already. I came here to post this, EPS trends over the last few runs....it’s the best look we’ve had. Of course it could go inland depending on how it trends inside Day 10 but I like it for now! Would be awesome to get a December snow.
82229208fa1e8b6d10c0e2047e5f6277.gif

Member #12 would make most happy on there. I think it would be great if it atleast snows down TN/VA, would feel like that would be a good omen for the rest of winter. The mid-atlantic area got the shaft last winter, would be good to see them get hit.

View attachment 7700
Man oh man if member 12 was to ever verify... Honestly I wouldn't ask for snow for the rest of winter... Hold on I take that back I'm a snow weenie I most definitely would want more hell

Just some slight changes on the 06z FV3 vs the 00z run lol. Maybe one day we can get a model that holds the same look for 6 hours

Lol at 276 hours? Good luck!

No not at 276 I just posted that as an example . In general . The US models are sh$$. Maybe I should return all the 12 days of Christmas gifts and donate the money to improving the us models

Haha true! Hey, did you notice the renewal of the -NAO on both the 0z and 6z Fake Version? It is really nice to see that showing up again. Hopefully, it's real. The Pacific looks like a pile of monkey crap in the LR, though. I hope we don't spend all month waiting for it to come into shape.

Back