• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

FV3 gonna try again and is a little faster this run
e5fc12a011d47c422a2de93e945fe96e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FV3 gonna try again and is a little faster this run
e5fc12a011d47c422a2de93e945fe96e.png

Much faster more in line with the gfs . Big storm . Rain for most this run but there are clean signs for an eastern us storm late next week

Since I haven't been watching the models very closely, how has the SER been modeled so far this fall season compared to verification?
It seems like models have been trying to get a little “ridge happy” in the long range to no avail so far. Someone correct me if I’m wrong
bullseye over mi casa. What could go wrong

You know we are desperate for snow when the 240+ hour GFS is being analyzed in detail lol.
I recall being banned from an old weather forum for a controversy that arose after a very similar comment ;)

P.S. I might have been a little bit of a jerk about it.

What are you new to the weather boards ??? This is what we do for the next three months . It’s not being desperate, it’s being a weenie

And to be fair, the ensembles are hinting at this timeframe. So each run that shows, we hug. Each run that doesn't we toss. Lol. Rinse repeat till april.

Just need a stronger/colder high pressure to the north of the storm for some suppression to get us Gulf Coasters in the happy zone. I guess winter wx has to start somewhere in the south though.

EL NINO HAS PEAKED. Per ventrice. Guess we have a basin wide modeki. And while everyone watches the Atlantic, Nao. Its all about the EPO, how that behaves next 100 days will determine if we achieve glory or wet in the bed

Just a question can it snow on the 546 line? I always here you need 540 for snow

Yep it can in certain setups. I’ve also seen rain in areas under the 540 and 534dm lines too. My favorite tool to use inside 120 hours are soundings to analyze the profile to see what p-type is supported. Inside 84 hours the NAM is great at picking up on warm air aloft that often causes mixing issues.

If that winter system verifies that we're watching, it would be the 2nd winter event in a row for early December. Remember last year in early December around the 6th-10th(?) time frame? I'm not saying it will be the same, it's just interesting that there could be a winter system around the same dates as of last year.
(Thank you for approving my account by the way!)

Back