• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

As ARCC has been saying..... fairly consistent

gfs_z500aNorm_namer_38.png

Oh dear Lord please let this track verify
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_42.png
That track sucks out loud for folks South and East. It’s a raging rainstorm followed by low 20’s on the backside. Temps don’t get above 40 for the following 2 days. It’s a complete nightmare, and one that we’re used to :(

FV3 says to warm for everyone...It’s coming in a little slower then the GFS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It looked a little funky. It appeared to totally stall and dampen out, and then reappeared a day later. We need to get it under the 10 day mark and see what it looks like. It appears to be a very marginal setup right now.

It looked a little funky. It appeared to totally stall and dampen out, and then reappeared a day later. We need to get it under the 10 day mark and see what it looks like. It appears to be a very marginal setup right now.

I totally agree...And until we see some support from the Euro these solutions been very little...

FV3 says to warm for everyone...It’s coming in a little slower then the GFS...

Y'all fret over the littlest things.... ;)

Looks like some may have a shot before the 20th or so but I like my earlier forecast of a warm up of about 1-2 weeks at Christmas time. I base this off the EPS showing the warm water SW off the coast of Alaska moving over Alaska changing the overall pattern over NAMER

Oh dear Lord please let this track verify
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_42.png

This may be a legit threat. The GFS wants to launch the western ridge eastward behind this system. However it has been trying to do this for a while, only to delay it and keep it west. You can see this if you watch the model trend.

If the ridge stays in place it will keep this farther south and colder. Someone may get a early present again.

12z GEFS is cold for the SE from hr192 until a a frame or two before it ends. While that is far voodoo, we may have the west coast ridge setting in. If that is correct and the GEFS is the norm for most of winter, buckle up.

Like you said the GEFS does warm up the conus by end of run but what it has modeled looks promising thereafter. Blocking is legit.

GEFS Ensembles Northern Hemisphere 500 hPa Height Anom 384 (1).png GEFS-AO.png

Back