• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern December - Deal or No Deal?

++NAO through much of December. Ouch

2888cb4c858919c7c937069a4f5c5ecd.gif

b61fd061daaec55b4be44bfb957eb91e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that looks ugly. However, with its strong warm bias (including November outlooks) and extreme unreliability, I'm not buying it even though it could be right because nobody knows. Maybe part of that warm bias is a +NAO bias?

Reactions: Jon
It’s still raining in Chi Town!!! Are they S of 85!??:D:D

Like someone said, you can find a model today (11/25) that says whatever is or is not wanted ... :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~

610temp.new.gif

sfc_count_sup814_temp.gif

Last edited:
Models still different from run to run. The GFS mean snowfall map looks great, though. I think the models are trying to show there are chances coming down the road, but can't get the specifics locked down. Like I said, they can go back and forth a lot in the long range, show a storm 10 days out, and then it goes away until inside 5 days and pops up again on the models.

The Euro isn't bad at all at the end of the run.
Not at all. Cold continent wide air mass incoming days 8-10. Does not mean a storm but good to see operationals starting to show legitimately cold air masses

:(
12z FV3 is STUPID cold out in the LR
Good to see the more things change, the more they stay the same! But as some say, we are not in the end of January, looking for the false hope, like the GFSv3 is now throwing out there! But we easily could be!:(

Back