• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 4-7 Winter Precip Chance

Need more consolidation at the base of the trough. On the gfs the ridge is centered over ID/MT, a stronger more consolidated packet of energy may try to dive more due south or SW for a time and separate from the parent trough moving through the NE. This would give us the ability to pull the trough axis west and attempt to tilt it neutral/negative over the mid atlantic and SE.

If we get something like the uk you gotta have a phase or get the energy to verify farther SW vs the current modeling The setup is so chaotic I wouldn't rule something out but we need help.

If the uk was just the wave off of the NE coast and the wave near the arklatex we would be in business. The stuff over the lakes is really screwing things up. Move it west and you at least put the eastern Carolinas in playView attachment 54967
It’s unfortunate because I think the CMC tried that, but it just got stuck 122598CC-B3C0-44E8-953D-4BE403B16566.png

Reactions: SD
It’s unfortunate because I think the CMC tried that, but it just got stuck View attachment 54968
Kind of fun riding the fence right? I'm surprised we haven't gotten a mega weenie run out of this time period from one of the models. The 0z Euro was probably the most ideal evolution at H5 you could ask for in this setup but it was doo doo on cold

Back