• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 4-7 Winter Precip Chance

It’s literally so close, don’t know what else to say, except that’s a lot of energy View attachment 54699

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what exactly are we looking for here? Do we want that circulation in the midwest to phase with the vortex off the coast? For cool weather here I need that circulation of the coast to position itself a little further west.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what exactly are we looking for here? Do we want that circulation in the midwest to phase with the vortex off the coast? For cool weather here I need that circulation of the coast to position itself a little further west.
We're looking to find some cold air somewhere, IMO. Unless you're 1000 feet tall, it doesn't look like it will be easy to see a lot of snow.

Yeah first off we want this UL trough around the GL to be further west so maybe it can drag some Energy from the SW ULL with it, and it could have a favorable tilt for areas around NC/SC (want it do dig towards OK/KS), and for that other piece of energy it would be hard given that UL trough off the coast would likely suppress it EA370E25-793B-440F-908E-0B4B373DA4C4.png8EBAD101-35AB-4BC6-B924-E231D83F7EA7.jpeg

Nice Miller B look here synoptically. If this model run continued beyond 240 hr, we'd likely see a legit -NAO develop due to the negatively tilted trough over New England.

View attachment 54706
So basically this euro run was extremely close through the entire run synoptically, lol

Back