• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 4-7 Winter Precip Chance

This is the first system of the year that legitimately has potential to produce some wintry weather around here given we're now well inside day 5.

Looks like the GFS, GFS parallel, ECMWF, CMC, & ICON are all hinting at the potential for at least some rain/snow showers Monday night east of the mountains.

prateptype_cat_ecmwf.us_ma.png

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_40.png

gfsp_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_21.png

gem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_seus_18.png

The 0z ECMWF certainly wasn't shy about putting down some legit QPF east of the mountains & that's probably what it's gonna take in this kind of air mass to have any shot at snow. Hope we can amp up the s/w a little more and at least partially phase with the southern branch disturbance that'll come out of the southern plains to squeeze out a little more precip.

1606998732845.png

The 0z ECMWF certainly wasn't shy about putting down some legit QPF east of the mountains & that's probably what it's gonna take in this kind of air mass to have any shot at snow. Hope we can amp up the s/w a little more and at least partially phase with the southern branch disturbance that'll come out of the southern plains to squeeze out a little more precip.

View attachment 55323
Any chance maybe Alabama could squeeze a few sprinkles out of this. Icon has been showing something light towards the gulf coast as well

It will be something for me to at least track while working night shifts this weekend. Ot overly optimistic at seeing a few flakes but just having a chance this early is nice.

also today is the 20th anniversary of the dec 3rd 2000 surprise crush job we got in eastern NC while areas west of I95 that were expecting a foot got flurries.

It will be something for me to at least track while working night shifts this weekend. Ot overly optimistic at seeing a few flakes but just having a chance this early is nice.

also today is the 20th anniversary of the dec 3rd 2000 surprise crush job we got in eastern NC while areas west of I95 that were expecting a foot got flurries.
Sounds like the one time that the NW trend failed and did not deliver ! That’s rare these days .

Not that this means anything for my area and take a look at the increase on the Euro EPS 06z
f2a95ba6697db8d4c81cdeb80dbb22aa.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back