• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry December 4-7 Winter Precip Chance

Warmer version of 1/19/05
Snowjam. Drove to cary in my grandprix just to see snow, and the temp dropped onsite and it stuck like glue. Maybe an inch and a half and we couldnt move. I was in Siler City for a few flakes, but I saw the line intensify as I was studying the radar, so I headed east with it.

You can see that energy in Canada trending west each run, with another shift west this run (energy almost off the map at the top View attachment 55070
I think I'm more hopeful than most about this setup. The wave over the central US in your map clearly isn't going to work, but it's got this trailing piece that is more defined on the latest 00z run. I wonder if that could hold together for a minute while the northern stream piece dives in... maybe we could time something with that.

Canadian still looking good on the back side for western facing slopes. Fingers crossed for a Sunday surprise EAB6EBC5-1A17-49CE-833C-F54D5DA4D2B8.png

Back