• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

The 0Z GFS really reduces the winter weather impact for Northeast Georgia outside of the mountains. You could not have a more different look from the 0Z NAM and the 0Z GFS.

--30--

Going by the Surface analysis map from NOAA, the only model I've seen close to matching what it shows for 00z Fri timestamp is NAVGEM when it comes to the strength/location of our HP. It's 1034mb and sitting along the Nebraska/Iowa border. Our southern s/w is 1009mb, 18z FV3-GFS is matching it to a tee in strength/location for 00z Fri. It may or may not mean anything in the long run, but I thought it was worth mentioning anyway.
https://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/sfc-zoom.php

Folks, the EURO and ensembles have been rock steady. Some of you can take the GFS op whining to the banter please. Don’t live and die by every GFS op run like some have been doing for over a week.
The 18z Euro and 18z FV3 GFS are in lockstep. EPS is right there in agreement with them as well.

CMC has a nice backside, couple degrees colder than there could had been a blanket across Al/MS. The idea is there for a backside so let's see if models continue to trend colder as they are now.

I’m expecting like 15 pingers and a flake or 2 on Monday AM in Decatur. These damn FV3 & NAM runs are gonna rustle some jimmies for folks down here in the city of Atlanta, but it ain’t gonna happen. I know these wedgies can creep down into the Hooch valley, but I just don’t see this edge making it west of the connector in mid town AT BEST.

Back