• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm (2 Viewers)

CMC has a nice backside, couple degrees colder than there could had been a blanket across Al/MS. The idea is there for a backside so let's see if models continue to trend colder as they are now.

I’m expecting like 15 pingers and a flake or 2 on Monday AM in Decatur. These damn FV3 & NAM runs are gonna rustle some jimmies for folks down here in the city of Atlanta, but it ain’t gonna happen. I know these wedgies can creep down into the Hooch valley, but I just don’t see this edge making it west of the connector in mid town AT BEST.

1300m

Meteorologist
UK looks a little SE off the coast at hour 72 than it’s 12z run. FV ticked SE a hair too.
If we can get a Euro/UKMET/FV3-GFS consensus I'll feel pretty good about getting the NAM onboard, and it's profile should fall inline (hopefully). Don't forget, the Euro is actually higher resolution (9km) than the 12km NAM we've been looking at thus far, so it shouldn't be totally out to lunch with pytpe and I'd certainly trust it with strong support from the EPS over the NAM at this point.

Your saying no ❄️
Woodruff Road north is prime for some
Snow and sleet. Should be a fun storm. I’ll be south towards the golden strip so I’ll be in the battle zone. I’m thinking a heavy IP/ZR with backend 1.5” snow Sunday night/ Monday morning. North of 85 should see at least 4”. What area do you live in?

Woodruff Road north is prime for some
Snow and sleet. Should be a fun storm. I’ll be south towards the golden strip so I’ll be in the battle zone. I’m thinking a heavy IP/ZR with backend 1.5” snow Sunday night/ Monday morning. North of 85 should see at least 4”. What area do you live in?
Between liberty and Pickens close to the airport

I just want to toss this out there for GSP peeps! If you have any hope of seeing anything besides rain, pay attention to temps tomorrow! Forecast high of 53, that’s bad enough, but if there’s more sun and fact that it’s ahead of the front, upper 50s are possible. I don’t care what the DPs are, when you wake up Saturday morning and it’s in the mid 40s, you can wetbulb your ass off and only get to mid/upper 30s. Don’t say you havnt been warned!

deltadog03

Meteorologist
If we can get a Euro/UKMET/FV3-GFS consensus I'll feel pretty good about getting the NAM onboard, and it's profile should fall inline (hopefully). Don't forget, the Euro is actually higher resolution (9km) than the 12km NAM we've been looking at thus far, so it shouldn't be totally out to lunch with pytpe and I'd certainly trust it with strong support from the EPS over the NAM at this point.
Great points .I forgot that the euro op is 9km

I just want to toss this out there for GSP peeps! If you have any hope of seeing anything besides rain, pay attention to temps tomorrow! Forecast high of 53, that’s bad enough, but if there’s more sun and fact that it’s ahead of the front, upper 50s are possible. I don’t care what the DPs are, when you wake up Saturday morning and it’s in the mid 40s, you can wetbulb your ass off and only get to mid/upper 30s. Don’t say you havnt been warned!
Very valid point I’ve seen it happen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)