• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm

FFC:
.LONG TERM /Friday through Wednesday/...
Latest model runs are coming in a little wetter than the previous
runs. Therefore have increased pops across the CWA this weekend.
QPF is also coming in a little higher with general total amounts
of 2 to 3 inches with 3+ across the southeastern part of the CWA.
No major changes in the temperatures and have therefore kept the
rain/sleet mix across the higher elevations of north GA Friday
night through Sunday and the rain/sleet/snow mix across most of
the CWA Sunday night. At this time still too early to put in
snow/sleet amounts but wouldn`t be surprised to see some sleet
accumulation on the grassy surfaces in the higher elevations this
weekend.

To say Im not starting to get jacked up now, is putting it mildly. Ive never seen model runs for days on end, espeacilly ens means give my area 12+ totals. They whole key is to keep the 850low south of you, prefearby 100 miles as it slides by W-E. The 2m temps and the qpf are there. Just want to keep the warm nose absent or minimized and enjoy 36 hours plus of snowfall for a change lol.

So far the trends today have been solid for the most part. The CMC jumping north a little I don't care for but the best models like the Euro, UK and FV3/GFS have trended favorably for many. So long as we don't get early phasing I expect things will continue to trend a bit colder. The RGEM showing some 1041+ HP on it's ensembles is very interesting, likely overdone but an increase over the previous run.

4D16D62B-D4EE-47E8-9DB8-8B91B8C1DC00.png 8-20” across my county!!

REPS precip panels. Look at that HP building in centered over WV on the deterministic one.
PNMPR_panel_072.gif

It would be crazy if Columbia got nothing and Charlotte got a foot.
Yeh I wouldn't call that crazy, pretty normal. Try late Feb 2004 when Rock Hill picked up 2 feet in spots and Columbia got nothing. One county above got half a foot. Heartbreaks are expected down here with Winter weather...

Back