• We've made some major changes to the website. You can view a short list : Here
  • Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

Wintry Dec 8-10th Winter Storm (1 Viewer)

And here is 3km ice.

Notice how much less it is for Wake. That’s because surface is above freezing for many many areas. That with ground temps above freezing and rates will not promote ice accrual so hopefully we won’t see much ice accumulation.

View attachment 8744
Agreed. With these runs I’d prob call Wake, south and east, done for. Temps just aren’t there. Swing and a miss. Good luck to everyone in WNC

I wonder how the hrrr will handle things, it handled the northeast surprise snow a few weeks back well and the IP/rain mix that happened in november here

Allan Huffman tweeted the 00z NAM BUFKIT soundings show 5-6 inches of snow before the changeover Sunday am. Then a nasty coast of freezing rain on top of that. I have a feeling that is what will happen here, 4 to 6 inches of snow, with ice on top.

It's gonna be nasty.

A solid 2-5 inches of snow with a sleetstorm after is a win in december, at least sleet won't turn off my lights, some people see it as a heartbreaker while I see it as a way better ptype then a cold 33 degree rain
I can stand it when it's "safely" above freezing say 33.0 or above but when you get down to 32.1-32.5 that is when you just wanna pull your hair out cause you're mere fractions away from getting some beautiful ice in the trees. That is what very well could happen here.

Gfs has snowline a bit south, Don't think this will be a solid r/s line but more of a rain/sleet/zr/rain line, still good that trends are colder, 00z nam was better for a front snow thumping to for the piedmont

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)