• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Yeah, I guess folks here take that into account. It's just the rollercoaster of changes that have been depicted over the last couple of weeks have been maddening. If we had a hard cutoff of (say) 7 days, then have good folks like you provide some analysis, forecast perspective might be a little less chaotic. But it's all good...
also worth mentioning that despite me being a cheerleader i'll acknowledge models will be handicapped a little next few weeks with shorter wavelengths and a more amplified pattern. idk where to find those model verification charts but i would bet you'll see a dip from here onward as the models grapple with a weirder than average pattern. so i think the complaint of "man what the hell these models are way too wishy washy" is more relevant than usual

When the ICON is even trending this way at this lead time, that’s a warning bell for me.

Curious if that holds the next few runs. As you allude to, the ICON has a pretty nasty warm bias, and if even this model is hinting at CAD-induced ZR/IP, that's definitely a red flag.

At this range, you can easily knock off 5 degrees in that CAD. We saw that with the ICON in the first storm last January
Yep all the ops are not so good on cad, even euro. The warmest is always ICOn and usually Can Op catches on 1st, sane with RGEM verse NAM. CAN OP to its credit was sniffing this out past couple days, not to the depth GFS is .

Not bad for the norther NC Piedmont northwards. This was actually a better run for RDU and eastward:
View attachment 125254
Would expect a continued backing off of this .. no snow pack to the north and our cut off is near Chicago .. I’ll take NW piedmont and predominantly Appalachian mountains for 600 please!

zr_acc.us_ma.png

Back