• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

I think most models do not do well when trying to bring cold air into the SE. GFS is really bad. It shows it, then it gone for days and then picks it up again. I know you cannot look at one or two runs and bank on it. U.S. models still need a lot of work. Just my 2 cents worth.

GFS tryna go for a tall western ridge this run View attachment 124907
Folks, this is why posting those LR GFS maps that show warmth or cold is dumb and trolling. The model has no clue if it's going to be 70's and tornadoes or 25 and snow from run to run. I guarantee you'll see it flip again by 0Z tonight.

Folks, this is why posting those LR GFS maps that show warmth or cold is dumb and trolling. The model has no clue if it's going to be 70's and tornadoes or 25 and snow from run to run. I guarantee you'll see it flip again by 0Z tonight.

Then everyone is a troll. Because no matter what warm or cold everyone is going to post. Warm lovers will post the warm runs and cold lovers will post the cold runs. But you’re right. This gfs model is absolute garbage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest change is the Pacific becoming more favorable over the past 36 hours of model runs. Looks to sacrifice the strength of the -NAO, but could be more productive in the long run if there's enough cold air.

Why is that? Why do we lose a strong -NAO once the pacific becomes more favorable? That’s so frustrating

Why is that? Why do we lose a strong -NAO once the pacific becomes more favorable? That’s so frustrating

Process of a tall pacific ridge destroy -NAO because Arctic energy is trying to plow through the block as the tall western ridge gets established

Process of a tall pacific ridge destroy -NAO because Arctic energy is trying to plow through the block as the tall western ridge gets established

Oh dang that makes sense. It’s so hard to get everything to line up perfectly here lol

Back