• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

How wonderful is this
195e6cb9dbd0e8729248e2d94ad82a94.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temps 25-35 . 15-25 = dry as hell.
Yep, was always wanted the cold airmass to be 40-45 and 25-30 for lows. It’s amazing from the illustrations above, that 90% of the cold air in the world being in Europe and Asia, and the US still gets very cold!

Great point. Heck the biggest storm that I’ve personally gone through in February 2004 had a lowest temperature of 28 degrees and that was during the heaviest rates as the upper low passed over… most of that storm was about 30-31 degrees and I ended up with 19” IMBY
Yep, reminds us again how anomalous Jan 88 was! Heavy snow all day at 15-20 degrees! By Jan 1st my average daytime high is 28, will gladly share with the rest of y’all!

Good to see the models starting to drive energy through and under the NAtl block now within the day 5-6 window. Once that process starts we should start developing more consistent eastern troughing but it will always be a little muted by a lackluster pacific.

View attachment 124789
Lot of energy flying around. Has this event also.
Really a lot of signals on the models for something in that timeframe… again though I don’t think this is anything wintry outside of the mountains south of the Mid-Atlantic, but I think there is a low that begins setting the table for the time to follow. Something like this would certainly build up snow pack to our north

Why does it gotta be hour 312 that’s so beautiful. Pacific looks great with a extended pacific jet and a ridge above AK View attachment 124790View attachment 124791
This may just be the result of continued table setters that eventually sets us up for an amazing set up around Christmas. I’m honestly fine with building snow pack to the north and continued diving pieces of energy. Not only are we setting up a better ‘fridge’ up top, we also could be helping reinforce that -NAO with the continued pieces of energy helping to keep it pumped up.

Nice cool down on the eps late in the run about 4-6 degrees cooler than the 0z run with a lot if the warm members going away. I'd just be happy to roll through the 10th-25th at normal or just below I know some want death cold but 45-55 and 25-35 would be nice Christmas weather

I just now realized that today is the 20th anniversary of one the worst ice storms ever to hit the Carolinas. Everyone that went through that will always remember the sounds of trees snapping and power transformers popping. I was living in Concord, NC at the time and after a really quick 1/2” of sleet/snow, precip changed to light freezing rain and and it continued steady for 18 hours. Biggest ice accrual I’ve personally witnessed just a bit over an inch thick.

I just now realized that today is the 20th anniversary of one the worst ice storms ever to hit the Carolinas. Everyone that went through that will always remember the sounds of trees snapping and power transformers popping. I was living in Concord, NC at the time and after a really quick 1/2” of sleet/snow, precip changed to light freezing rain and and it continued steady for 18 hours. Biggest ice accrual I’ve personally witnessed just a bit over an inch thick.
Hope it happens again

Back