• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Wow that would be a historic block IMO. Any Met's confirm?
Some recent runs have had the NAO index lower on this chart, but the AO index is the lowest I've seen (-5 here). If you could take a West-Based NAO number (instead of the full domain NAO) like Allan Huffman used to produce, it would likely be very low here at day 10 (3rd image) with the heavy Greenland ridging combined with the strong low in E Canada

ngX2p9A.png

noqs2R4.png

3svXZr7.png

06. GFS is pretty chilly! Models starting to key in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would say that models are keying in on an overall pattern, but there’s still a good bit to be worked out with timing of anything. It looks to me like after this little cool snap the next couple days it warms up until after the front comes through on Wednesday we cool back down, but I’m not expecting any legitimate wintry threats to start showing until around the 12/15 timeframe at the earliest….

I would say that models are keying in on an overall pattern, but there’s still a good bit to be worked out with timing of anything. It looks to me like after this little cool snap the next couple days it warms up until after the front comes through on Wednesday we cool back down, but I’m not expecting any legitimate wintry threats to start showing until around the 12/15 timeframe at the earliest….

Oh I absolutely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My goodness.. Flow = Jammed ☃️ View attachment 124380
It's not often we see west based blocking even close to this magnitude. Enjoy these images! Hopefully, it continues to progress. With the SVP weak, this probably won't be the last time we dee this this winter, as I know others have mentioned. It's fun to finally have some potential in December again.

It's not often we see west based blocking even close to this magnitude. Enjoy these images! Hopefully, it continues to progress. With the SVP weak, this probably won't be the last time we dee this this winter, as I know others have mentioned. It's fun to finally have some potential in December again.

Back