• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Dazzling December

Merry Christmas! Dry but very cold air moving in!
3167210d99b5a1afa95e36c2b4b768b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its smoothed out ensemble means at day 7-12…. Of course it’s not gonna be very very cold yet, low-mid 40s at this lead is pretty impressive. Sheesh the expectations are crazy. It’s the SE US. Lmao
Looks about like a perfect forecast for the Christmas season. Especially with what we’ve dealt with the past few years.

To be honest, the GFS has been so utterly inconsistent for quite a while now, that I have taken it out of my modelling paradigm. GEFS is a little better so I still read it but rely more on the CMC and EPS with a little ICON thrown in occasionally. The physics of that model are obviously off and we have spent billions and billions of dollars on it and it is still largely worthless

Looks about like a perfect forecast for the Christmas season. Especially with what we’ve dealt with the past few years.
Last Christmas was 70 with some twisters mixed in here. The Christmas before that had a high of like 25-28 degrees. Maybe it’s back to bone chilling cold this Christmas! I hope so because 70 degrees and hiding in the bathroom under the stairwell as tornado warnings blare out from my phone just doesn’t scream Christmas time to me.

At 240 on the Canadian the surface temps were mid to upper teens. Even adding some for the cold bias means mid 20’s. 925s and 850s are cold enough, 700 is where the marginal air is but it’s right at freezing. Still a snow signal if the run continued. 540 line is just a thickness indicator for where snow has better than average to form

At 240 on the Canadian the surface temps were mid to upper teens. Even adding some for the cold bias means mid 20’s. 925s and 850s are cold enough, 700 is where the marginal air is but it’s right at freezing. Still a snow signal if the run continued. 540 line is just a thickness indicator for where snow has better than average to form
Thanks. I thought the 540 line and 850s correlated more tightly.

Last Christmas was 70 with some twisters mixed in here. The Christmas before that had a high of like 25-28 degrees. Maybe it’s back to bone chilling cold this Christmas! I hope so because 70 degrees and hiding in the bathroom under the stairwell as tornado warnings blare out from my phone just doesn’t scream Christmas time to me.
Same here last year. We live West of Nashville. It tore our Gutters and downspouts off the back of our house. Then went down Hwy 70 towards Nashville tearing up jack and one lady died.

Back