• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Dating Thread.

That's just insane. It was normal 50 years ago but it's unusual to see people get married so young these days.

Eh, I think for one thing people act like it’s strange and like to tell horror stories of divorce (My wife and I seemed to get these from everyone before we got married) along with people getting married for the wrong reasons is why. It’s like the reaction people give you when you have three young kids(You should see it with seven!) I think more encouragement and better teaching on marriage and marrying the right person would lead to more people getting married earlier. The tax break is quite nice as well.

My wife and I were married at 21/20 and we haven’t killed each other and our kids haven’t killed us yet.

Eh, I think for one thing people act like it’s strange and like to tell horror stories of divorce (My wife and I seemed to get these from everyone before we got married) along with people getting married for the wrong reasons is why. It’s like the reaction people give you when you have three young kids(You should see it with seven!) I think more encouragement and better teaching on marriage and marrying the right person would lead to more people getting married earlier. The tax break is quite nice as well.

My wife and I were married at 21/20 and we haven’t killed each other and our kids haven’t killed us yet.
What if you ain’t got no one to marry tho :confused::(.

What if you ain’t got no one to marry tho :confused::(.
Keep waiting And trying. I felt hopeless In finding a spouse cause I wasn't too good with girls and then I ended up literally bumping into my now wife lol and the rest is history.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

You wait with your mind and heart open. I had no intentions on being married when I was nineteen until I was thirty. That plan changed.
A thing I've noticed is people like to think " there's a perfect person for me" and that really messes up the whole idea of dating and marriage.

A thing I've noticed is people like to think " there's a perfect person for me" and that really messes up the whole idea of dating and marriage.

Maybe it's true that there is a perfect person. But that whole idea REALLY hurt me in my past and led to a lot of breakdowns mentally. I'm a big advocate of theres not somebody perfect. The whole princess and prince in shining armor that Disney movies portrayal are really a hinderance on people's ideals of relationships. My whole thing was I'm going to make myself a better person, get closer to God and live my life and when somebody that's compatible and I feel right with comes along I'll take a chance. And it worked out just fine.

Keep waiting And trying. I felt hopeless In finding a spouse cause I wasn't too good with girls and then I ended up literally bumping into my now wife lol and the rest is history.

Yeah they say it’s like that lol. That’s why I don’t think about it . Like a reverse psych thing. I got other things to focus on, the rest will fill in I guess . It’s funny folks who put themselves out there and talk to lots of women are the ones who don’t get married earlier . I’m telling you it’s a reverse psych thing lol. So basically if I just chill and do my own thing it will happen if I’m open to it.

I believe there is a perfect person for each person, but I think our view on who we want that perfect person to be and who that person actually is does not match up most of the time.

Yeah they say it’s like that lol. That’s why I don’t think about it . Like a reverse psych thing. I got other things to focus on, the rest will fill in I guess . It’s funny folks who put themselves out there and talk to lots of women are the ones who don’t get married earlier . I’m telling you it’s a reverse psych thing lol. So basically if I just chill and do my own thing it will happen if I’m open to it.
Don't let things go by you though. I talked and made friends. Youll make connections and meet lots of girls by just being friends with somebody.

Don't let things go by you though. I talked and made friends. Youll make connections and meet lots of girls by just being friends with somebody.

Oh yeah nah I’m out there . Don’t get me wrong I meet tons of people . It’s my nature .

I believe there is a perfect person for each person, but I think our view on who we want that perfect person to be and who that person actually is does not match up most of the time.
I don't know, I've really had long deep thoughts about that idea and have never came to a concise conclusion. I've talked to my pastor and co pastor and they have opposite opinions. My pastor told me the bible never says you have a perfect person waiting for you that you have to marry.

I don't know, I've really had long deep thoughts about that idea and have never came to a concise conclusion. I've talked to my pastor and co pastor and they have opposite opinions. My pastor told me the bible never says you have a perfect person waiting for you that you have to marry.

My wife and I have talked about it quite a bit and I tend to believe you only realize that person is the perfect person for you looking back over the years. Looking ahead for that “perfect person” will probably just mess you up.

My wife and I have talked about it quite a bit and I tend to believe you only realize that person is the perfect person for you looking back over the years. Looking ahead for that “perfect person” will probably just mess you up.
Only perfect person in this world is the lady at the gym that loves to do butt workouts in front of me.

Only perfect person in this world is the lady at the gym that loves to do butt workouts in front of me.
Man I had that happen . She was doing donkey kicks right in front of me . Her man the biggest dude in the gym though. Actually as I type this he walking up . Hah!

Back